This year we ask every single Knight living in the United States to attend the annual March for Life in Washington, D.C. — or a local pro-life demonstration — on Jan. 19, 2018. Here’s a helpful checklist to help you plan:
- Welcome families to attend — there is no better way to witness to the name of pro-life than to welcome babies and family members of all ages. While it might be difficult for some young families and older people to march, the Knights should be there to offer whatever support they need. Pushing a wheelchair or carrying a heavy diaper bag can give families a much appreciated break!
- Make sure to charter a bus (or buses) with enough space for everyone. Or, help pro-life groups coordinate their own trips.
- Bring your phone and camera. We encourage you to share a vivid capture of your experience on social media, helping build enthusiasm and support of the march among those who couldn’t attend. Be sure to use the hashtags #MarchforLife, #WhyWeMarch and #prolife.
- Pack water and snacks. It’s important to keep up your energy and stay hydrated.
- Carry your Knights of Columbus rosary. Lead your brother Knights in a rosary for life as you march, or encourage them to say it privately.
- Order March for Life signs (#9341, available in English, French or Spanish) to carry at the event. Or, place an order by sending an email to email@example.com with your name, address, council number, telephone number and the exact number of signs needed. Running out of time and still need a sign? Simply print out an 11 x 17 or an 8.5 x 11 poster.
- Wear warm hats, scarves and coats! The march is in the middle of January, so dress in warm Knights’ gear to keep you toasty.
For more details on the march, visit marchforlife.org